Loading...

Reps wants Lagos govt to investigate Mushin fire outbreak

Fire razed the second floor of a two-storey building on 152 Agege Motor Road in Mushin Olosha, Lagos state on Tuesday. It destroyed household materials. It was gathered that there was an electric spark when power was restored in the area which led to the fire outbreak. Reps wants Lagos govt.

The goods on the second floor were burnt. Occupants of the building were said to have fled immediately the fire began. An official of the Lagos State Fire Service at the scene, Mr. Usman Ibrahim said the cause of the fire was yet to be known.

“We responded immediately we got the calls but the bad roads and reckless driving by some motorists caused the little delay,” he said. An official of the Lagos State Neighbourhood Safety Corps, Mr. Adekunle Sunday, said a resident told him that a tenant put on gas and suddenly exploded.

Watch Also: Abaribe, Ndume, Shettima, Abdullahi Yahaya, 13 others to oversee ad-hoc committee on security issues

He added that the residents were also helpful in the process of vacating the leftover goods not engulfed in the fire. A trader on the ground floor of the building, who simply identified himself as Mr. Chukwudi, said he was the one who called the firefighters. He added that the fire outbreak was due to electric spark. Reps wants Lagos govt.

“Thank God none of my goods caught fire,” he said. A resident, who pleaded not to be named, said some hoodlums seized the opportunity of the incident to steal valuables from the building. He said he was one of the rescuers before some other boys in the area joined.

Fire razed the second floor of a two-storey building on 152 Agege Motor Road in Mushin Olosha, Lagos state on Tuesday. It destroyed household materials. It was gathered that there was an electric spark when power was restored in the area which led to the fire outbreak.

The goods on the second floor were burnt. Occupants of the building were said to have fled immediately the fire began. An official of the Lagos State Fire Service at the scene, Mr. Usman Ibrahim said the cause of the fire was yet to be known.

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.